A good metabolism is a must to have a healthy maintained physique, here are some reasons for why it is important to have a regular exercise schedule.
Exercise is any bodily activity that enhances and maintains physical fitness of a person and also overall health development and wellness. Also ,the act of bringing into play or realising in action. It helps in uplifting the body.
Definition of Exercise can not be defined in proper words though there are numerous quoted lines are there given by various writers. Exercise will not only keeps you keep but it will also help you in your old age to remain healthy.
Physical exercise not only prevents us from diseases but also helps to have a cheerful and prosperous life ahead. we totally can’t neglect the things generated from our day to day habits ,i.e., JUNK FOOD. It not only disturbs our metabolism system but also leads to the breakdown of our mental health too.
Kids , in the modern era , start eating junk foods like , momos , pizzas , spring rolls etc. Which leads to various destructive problems later on which they don’t realise in their age. So it’s better to stay updated and physically healthy so that you won’t suffer in your future as well.
The ability of the body to meet the demands of daily physical effort and activity ,to have enough energy reserve for unexpected emergencies and do enjoy the feeling of well being that regular exercise brings.
Regular exercises will not only let you remain healthy but will also provide you better sleep after returning from a hectic schedule. Click here to know about how to relieve stress from exercise.
It can be categorised in two parts :
[Importance of a regular exercise schedule]
A. PHYSICAL EXERCISES
It is the performance of some activity in order to develop physical well-being and overall health . Also it is any bodily movement produced by skeletal muscles that results in energy expenditure. Physical exercises are important to perform in our day to day lives. It leads to numerous advantages as well. Some of the BENEFITS of physical activity are as follows:
- CARDIOVASCULAR AND RESPIRATORY IMPROVEMENT – Over time, you end up strengthening the cardiac muscle that surrounds your heart, you also pump a greater volume of blood with each stroke, which causes a decrease in resting heart rate. You develop more red blood cells which improve your ability to bring oxygen to your muscles, and your lungs become stronger and better at supplying your body with the oxygen it needs.
- REDUCTION IN HEALTH RELATED FACTORS – Regular exercise can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, developing type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Research also shows active people have a lower risk of colon and breast cancer. Regular exercise can also increase your chances of living longer.
3. METABOLIC RATE INCREASES – Metabolic rate is the rate at which your body burns calories. During exercise, you obviously burn more calories than when at rest, however, your metabolic rate at rest is enhanced even after your workout session is completed as your body uses energy to repair muscles and replenish atp storage and glycogen storage. This does depend on several factors, including the intensity of the exercise and your current fitness level.
4. REDUCES RISK OF FALL –
Incorporating balance, coordination and muscle strengthening activities into your exercise program can improve your motor skills thus reducing the risk of falling.
5. IMPROVEMENT IN THE BONE HEALTH –
Impact activities such as plyometrics and jumping, and resistance training can slow the loss of bone density that comes with age. Playing sports that involve running and jumping can be advantageous as well.
6. REDUCES OBESITY–
Physical activity can be a key part of a complete weight management plan to avoid excessive fat gain, and to maintain a healthy weight. Regular exercise burns more calories, and increases muscle mass, both of which are key to weight loss and weight maintenance.
B. MENTAL EXERCISES
Mental exercises refer to the structured use of cognitive exercises. If one engages in tasks requiring working memory ,such as holding and manipulating material in mind for short periods of time ,one will usually become stronger in that particular area. The common problem going on in the present era is the stress and depression which is being seen in almost every teenager and now a days ,in old age people too which leads to hypertension , cardic problems etc. Some of the BENEFITS of mental exercises which play a key role in today’s world are as follows:
- INCREASES FEELING OF WELL BEING-Exercising enhances the action of endorphins , which improve natural immunity and reduce the perception of pain. Regular Exercise can also improve mood, feelings of having more energy and overall quality of life.
2.IMPROVES BETTER SLEEP – Research has shown that regular exercise helps people fall asleep faster and enjoy a deeper sleep. It can also improve sleep duration, and decrease middle of the night wake ups providing a better overall sleep quality.
3. BETTER FUNCTIONING OF BRAIN-
Regular exercise can reduce fatigue, improving alertness and concentration. Physical activity improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen to the brain at a faster pace, which leads to sharper thinking.
4. INCREASES SELF-ESTEEM –
Regular exercise can improve your body shape, increasing your confidence in your appearance, thus increasing your self esteem. Exercise also promotes a sense of accomplishment, which can increase your confidence in taking on other tasks in your life.