Loneliness and sadness is something everyone is facing in the world in this present era. Sadness is something which we create by ourselves only . We find reasons to be in that state indirectly in the modern era . Infact , because of the hilarious Covid situation ,we got stuck by these words which indirectly leads to something ,we all are afraid of i.e., DEPRESSION. So we need to focus on the ways which can really overcome sadness and loneliness In 2021.
The sheer number of adults in the United States who feel lonely is quite large—as of 2020, 35% of adults over 45 years old and 43% of adults over 60 years old, according to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.However, people don’t always talk about feelings of loneliness and don’t always know what to do with these feelings.
Overcome sadness and loneliness In 2021
People used to create hurdles for them and also choose them too. Later on, comes with such words like sadness , loneliness ,depression etc. These are not just the words , these are the emotions and feelings on which every single individual is working on in his or her life.
Sadness is another type of emotion often defined as a transient emotional state characterized by feelings of disappointment, grief, hopelessness, disinterest, and dampened mood. Like other emotions, sadness is something that all people experience from time to time.
loneliness vs solitude
Now, the thought which comes next to the mind is again related to what exactly is the difference between loneliness and solitude.
Both the terms have wider meaning ,loneliness is something in which we involve ourselves unknowingly and we use to remain sad and feel alone all the time. It is the human condition ,no one is going to fill that space. The best thing you can do is to know yourself and
Solitude , on the other hand , is something which is inbuilt and we choose it directly as we love to be alone and have time with oneself . It is something which might not makes us sad and depressed.
In a gist , Loneliness is when you are unhappy to be alone. Solitude is when you are happy to be alone. There is nothing wrong with solitude, wanting to, or enjoying being alone. Alone time can be useful and enjoyable.
- Understand that you don’t have to be in a relationship to be happy. It may be difficult to see your friends going off and dating people. But you don’t have to date to feel like you’re part of a group or surrounded by people that care about you. Date only when you’re ready.
- Realize that loneliness can be a right time to try out something new, relax or nurture your creativity.
- Learn to be happy with yourself. When you like/love who you are, it shows. People like to be around those who are upbeat and confident.
- Rest helps you remember things and calms you.
- Don’t take casual acquaintances to be deep true friends you can trust with everything. Build that trust gradually and accept them as they are. There’s nothing wrong with having lots of acquaintances, a fair number of friends you’d be comfortable meeting in person to share activities and a much smaller intimate group of friends you’d trust with personal information. Think of your contacts as a series of concentric circles.
- Listen to music or read a book in second person (you, your) because it feels like someone is talking to you.
- If you feel lonely consider getting a roommate or live with you parents for a while. Even getting a pet like a cat or a dog can help.
- For those with religious beliefs, consider fellowship with those of your faith. Most churches should have some sort of regular fellowship. If your church doesn’t, then consider starting one.
- Realize that one can be “lonely in a crowd.” You may have friends, family and acquaintances, but still feel lonely. For some people, it is difficult to connect with those around them. In this case, outside counseling may help.
- Think of a happy place, or a place you enjoy.
- If you feel your friends don’t give you enough importance or they may leave you than you yourself build a positive attitude that people are meant to be set free. Let them roam. If your important in their life they will surely come to you now or then. If not then you know where you stand.
- Have an imagination that occupies you from the real world and your loneliness will go away.
- Take time to improve your talents like joining a dance club, choir, music class etc. You will meet new people with same interest.
ways to overcome sadness and loneliness
- Practice meditation – Meditation should be the first thing which need to come in the beginning of a new day. It’s not easy to say like yes I will try to do it or I am doing it regularly. But we need to practice it and increase it day-wise. Like it’s very difficult to think that I will do mediation 1-2 hour a day. In the initial days , one can infact start from 2 minutes but with proper mind amd soul. With the increase in this , we will overcome these feelings and emotions one day and it will be reduced.
2. Pamper yourself daily- Treating yourself in the best way you can is the best therapy to overcome these feelings. As if you look after yourself only, then you neither expect anything from others nor you get hurt by their actions which unknowingly leads to loneliness and sadness.You need to do something for yourself, because you deserve it and if one thinks like that , no one gonna hurt you and your life will be as simple as it should be.
3. Seek professional help- One can go and approach professionals to settle down oneself. It will definitely help you to stay away from such hillarious issues. They can guide you properly and effectively as they hold a string experience of this . This problem is world wide now a days so better approach the one inspite of letting yourself down all the time.
4. Adopt a pet – Not only do animals give you unconditional love, but they have been shown to be psychologically, emotionally and physically beneficial to their companions. Caring for a pet can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment and lessen feelings of loneliness. And when you adopt, you can also feel proud about helping an animal in need. You will feel satisfied by showing your love, care and affection towards them.
5. Family time – One should give time to their families irrespective of these feelings as they will also feel good about you. All of us are so busy in our day to day activities which makes us weak , that we can’t give proper time to our families. So it’s better to spend time with them. They will support you and never let you feel low.
These problems will be cleared only if one wants to do so. Nothing is magical here , we need to create that magic within ourselves and in the society. Loneliness and sadness will never leave our path as these problems distract us from the way of success. We need to avoid them and follow the path of truthfulness and lead a prosperous life without any expectations from anyone no even from the close ones.
Also visit to know more :