Coronavirus disease ( COVID-19)is a disease caused by a newly discovered virus which has created the hell in the world. This disease is widen in the world in short passage of time. It affects different people in different ways. You need to build your immunity to fight against coronavirus.
People are suffering a lot from this disease. It’s better to take proper precautions which I will be sharing below. There are Some of the ways by which one can boost his immune system. So I will be sharing some things regarding how to build your immunity to fight against coronavirus.
What are its symptoms?
2. Dry cough
4.Aches and pains
7. Loss of taste and smell
9. Discoloration of finger or toes
Precautions to be taken to fight against coronavirus
- Try to clean your hands often.
- Maintain proper distance from anyone who is coughing and sneezing.
- Do wear a mask when coming in physical contact with anyone.
- Don’t touch your mouth , nose or eyes.
- Do cover your mouth with tissue while coughing and sneezing.
- Stay home if you are unwell and have proper rest.
Build your immunity to fight against coronavirus
Clinicial Nutritionist Lovneet Batra shares a list of immunity-boosting foods:
- Yogurt: To ensure hand hygiene, experts and doctors recommend washing hands with soap or using an alcohol-based rub, regularly. While hand sanitisers do kick away germs, they take good bacteria essential in building immunity, as well. Yogurt is a natural probiotic and aids in the formation of good bacteria in our body. Remember, it has to be freshly made. If you have sore throat regardless of the cause, yogurt might worsen it but for better immunity, you need probiotics so you can resort to supplements”, says Clinical Nutritionist Lovneet Batra.
2. Turmeric: The golden spice turmeric is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin, the compound present in turmeric is a very potent agent and aids in healing of wounds and infections. This is the reason, it is often suggested to have turmeric milk.
3. Zinc : It is another nutrient that helps your immune system and metabolism function. An individual can either take Zinc supplements or inculcate in their diet through cashews, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, among others.
4. Vitamins: Among all kinds of Vitamins, Vitamin C and Vitamin D play a major role in strengthening one’s immunity. For the same, one should have more citrus fruits and vegetables like Amla, Lemon, Orange and others. Also, egg yolks and mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin D.’People who have been infected with the COVID-19 are being given Vitamin C through IV (Intravenous therapy).She suggests to drink Alma juice everyday.
5. Natural Anti-virus Foods: Tulsi leaves, star anise (a spice), garlic, and ginger are some of the natural anti-virus food items which gives protection from seasonal flu as well. For boosting immunity and flushing out toxins, Ms Batra suggests a Tulsi drink which can simply be made by boiling three to four leaves in water.’You can also take three to four pieces of star anise, give it two to three boils and have it warm.
You can have ginger and amla juice. You can also have garlic; take one garlic clove, mash it, and expose it to air for five minutes so that its compound called allicin which has potent medicinal properties gets activated and then have it’, says Ms Batra.
Tips to improve your immune system
- Maintain a healthy Lifestyle.
- Proper sleep and meditation.
- Immunity boosting food items as I mentioned above.
- Positive attitude towards oneself.
- Walk regularly at home.
- Maintain good hygiene.
- Drink more and more water regularly.
- Stay connected with everyone.
It’s a request to all of you who are visiting here to stay at home so that you can take care of yourself and your families. Come out only when urgent but try to stay at home . Utilise the time with your families and take proper Precautions to fight against this.
Also have a look to utilise your time properly;